- Title Pages
- Miracle on High Street
- Introduction: Downtown Monks and the Miracle on High Street
- 1 Newark's Forgotten Riot
- 2 “Necessary, Useful, and Beautiful”: Founding Fathers and a Catholic Day College, 1868–1900
- 3 The Making of a Modern Catholic Prep School, 1900–1926
- 4 St. Benedict's Prep from Depression to War, 1926–1945
- 5 The Duke, Divine Comedy, and Discipline at St. Benedict's Prep
- 6 Benedict's Hates a Quitter: Athletics at a Catholic Prep School
- 7 “He Was Afraid of the City”: Abbot Patrick, the Monastic Family, and Postwar Newark, 1945—1967
- 8 “Camelot Is Dead”: The Newark Riots and the Closing of St. Benedict' Prep, 1967–1972
- 9 “A Possible School”: The Resurrection of St. Benedict's Prep, 1972–1977
- 10 The Headmaster and the Street, 1977–1986
Fordham Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.