- Title Pages
- Movements of Luxurious Exuberance
- Sovereignty and Cruelty
- Erotic Ruination
- Desire, Blood, and Power
- The Religion of Football
- Violent Silence
- Georges Bataille and the Religion of Capitalism
- Sacrifice as Ethics
- Bataille’s Contestation of Interpretative Anthropology and of the Sociology of Religion
- The Traumatic Secret
- Foucault’s Sacred Sociology
- Bataille and Kristeva on Religion
- Bataille, Teilhard de Chardin, and the Death of God
- Does the Acéphale Dream of Headless Sheep?
- Works Cited
- Perspectives in Continental Philosophy
- Negative Ecstasies
- Fordham University Press
Fordham Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.