- Title Pages
- 1 Building (and Not Building) New York City’s Subway System
- 2 Sound to Shore
- 3 Why the No. 7 Line Stops in Flushing
- 4 The Battle of the Northeast Bronx, Part 1
- 5 Buy Land Now, Ride the Subway Later
- 6 Ashland Place and the Mysteries of 76th Street
- 7 To the City Limits and Beyond
- 8 The Battle of the Northeast Bronx, Part 2
- 9 Building the Line That Almost Never Was
- 10 Other Plans, Other Lines, Other Issues in the Postwar Years
- 11 What Happened to the Rest of the System?
- Appendix A: The 1944 Service Plan
- Appendix B: The 1947 2nd Avenue Service Plan
- Appendix C: The Cast of Characters
- The Routes Not Taken
- Fordham University Press
Fordham Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.