- Title Pages
- Introduction: The Philosophical Significance of Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Mothering
- 1 Plato, Maternity, and Power
- 2 Of Courage Born
- 3 Original Habitation
- 4 The Birth of Sexual Difference
- 5 Birthing Responsibility
- 6 Birthmothers and Maternal Identity
- 7 What's an Adoptive Mother to Do?
- 8 The Pro-Choice Pro-Lifer
- 9 The Political “Nature” of Pregnancy and Childbirth
- 10 Disempowered Women?
- 11 Knock Me Up, Knock Me Down
- 12 Exposing the Breast
- 13 The Order of Life
- 14 The Vision of the Artist/Mother
- Perspectives in Continental Philosophy
- Coming to Life
- Fordham University Press
Fordham Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.