- Title Pages
- Nobody can make it out here alone
- To the Reader
- As Bad As They Say?
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Nobody
- 3 It Was the Worst of Times
- 4 Omara—The Orphan
- 5 Remarkable Ramika
- 6 Marion—A Rare Gem
- 7 A Typical American Teenager—Dominican Republic-Style
- 8 Tenacious Tamika
- 9 Multiple Intelligences: A Digression
- 10 Dolores—The Dancer
- 11 Marisa—with Charisma
- 12 Pedro—The Piano Player
- 13 Bridging the Gap
- 14 Deception, Dismantling, and Demise of Public Education
- Appendix A Letter from M. Rasool
- Appendix B Course of Study for Multicultural Literature
- Appendix C Interest Inventory
- As Bad as They Say?
- Fordham University Press
Fordham Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.