- Title Pages
- Figures and Tables
- Poetics of Emptiness
- Prologue: Transformations of a Transpacific Imaginary
- Introduction: The Poetics of Emptiness, or a Cult of Nothingness
- Part One Buddhist Imaginaries
- 1 / Emptiness in Flux: The Buddhist Poetics of Ernest Fenollosa's “The Chinese Written Character as a Medium for Poetry”
- 2 / Patterned Harmony: Buddhism, Sound, and Ernest Fenollosa's Poetics of Correlative Cosmology
- 3 / Teaching the Law: Gary Snyder's Poetics of Emptiness
- Part Two Daoist Imaginaries
- 4 Language of Emptiness: Wai-lim Yip's Daoist Project
- 5 / Pacing the Void: Theresa Hak Kyung Cha's <i>Dictée</i>
Fordham Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.