(p.iii) The Great Task Remaining Before Us
(p.iv) Copyright © 2010 Fordham University Press
- All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval
- system, or transmitted in any form or by any means—electronic, mechanical,
- photocopy, recording, or any other—except for brief quotations in printed reviews,
- without the prior permission of the publisher.
- Fordham University Press has no responsibility for the persistence or accuracy of URLs
- for external or third-party Internet websites referred to in this publication and does not
- guarantee that any content on such websites is, or will remain, accurate or appropriate.
- Fordham University Press also publishes its books in a variety of electronic formats.
- Some content that appears in print may not be available in electronic books.
- Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data
- The great task remaining before us: Reconstruction as America's continuing Civil War/
- edited by Paul A. Cimbala and Randall M. Miller.—1st ed.
- p. cm.—(Reconstructing America)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- ISBN 978-0-8232-3202-4 (cloth: alk. paper)—ISBN 978-0-8232-3203-1 (pbk.: alk. paper)—ISBN 978-0-8232-3204-8 (ebook)
- 1. Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865–1877) 2. Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865–1877)—Social aspects. 3. United States—Social conditions—1865–1918. 4. Southern States—Social conditions—1865–1945. 5. Memory—Social aspects—United States—History. 6. Memory—Social aspects—Southern States—History. I. Cimbala, Paul A. (Paul Alan), 1951–II. Miller, Randall M.
- E668.G778 2010
- Printed in the United States of America
- 12 11 10 5 4 3 2 1
- First edition