- Title Pages
- Part One Music, Ecstasy, the Body
- Segment One Music, the Body, Existence
- Segment Two Splitting of Sacred from Secular?
- Segment Three Where Are We? Locations and Dis-locations
- Segment Four Breaking the Trance of Mentalism
- Lingering Afterword
- Part Two Music, Art, Science, Genius
- Segment Five Fugal Strands to Be Woven
- Segment Six The United States: Experimental Nation
- Segment Seven Music of Science, Thought, and the Body
- Segment Eight The Mind of Music
- Final Benediction: Ritual as Music
- Appendix A More on Fugue, Mind, and the Self
- Appendix B Can Brain Science Tell Us Who We Are?
- Appendix C The Body-Schema and Dimensions of Empathy
- Works Cited
- American Philosophy
Fordham Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.