- Title Pages
- 1 Federal Manpower Needs and the U.S. Army's Veteran Reserve Corps
- 2 A Grand Illusion? German Reserves, 1815–1914
- 3 Manifestly Inferior? French Reserves,1871–1914
- 4 “Each One a Pocket Hercules”: The Bantam Experiment and the Case of the Thirty-fifth Division
- 5 Scraping the Barrel: African American Troops and World War I
- 6 Below the Bar: The U.S. Army and Limited Service Manpower
- 7 Soviet Use of “Substandard” Manpower in the Red Army, 1941–1945
- 8 German Bodenstandig Divisions
- 9 Recruiting <i>Volksdeutsche</i> for the Waffen-SS: From Skimming the Cream to Scraping the Dregs
- 10 The Ethnic Germans of the Waffen-SS in Combat: Dregs or Gems?
- 11 Project 100,000 in the Vietnam War And Afterward
Fordham Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.